If you’d like to earn Kill-A-Watt points by attending these events, please be sure to pick up a point card at the event & turn it into the collection box at your hall desk afterwards.
Kill-a-Watt Kick-Off Open Mic Night – Come listen to music, check out artwork, listen to stories, and snack.
• Friday, Jan. 7th. Mingling: 6:30pm Program:7:30-9:30pm
• @ Fishhouse, 4 points (including the bonus point)
Meatless Monday. Opt to go meatless for lunch. Eating less meat helps the world’s poor, saves energy and reduces pollution.
• Monday, Jan 10, lunch• @ Dining halls, 1 point
Low Impact Man. A man tries to leave no impact on the world for one year, and bring his family along with him. Don’t miss this hilarious little experiment in living.
- Tuesday, Jan 11, 8pm-10pm
- @ Recital Hall in CFAC, 8 pts
West environmental Action Council: Energy Forum. Meet with local environmentalists to explore wind energy. Does it work? Is it feasible and practical?
• Wednesday, Jan 12, 7-9pm
• @ Recital Hall, 8pts
An Inconvenient Truth. Documentary about climate change, part of DCM film series
- Thursday, Jan. 13, 10:30am, 2pm, & 7:30pm
- @ Commons Lecture Hall
John Muir and the Religion of Nature. Hear Donald
philosophy an early wilderness preservation advocate. January Series Lecture.
- Wednesday, Jan 19th, 12:30pm
- @ CFAC 4 pts (pick up points in the CFAC main lobby afterwards)
Come discover why your address might be a good indication of your health. What environmental factors cause health problems, and why do they usually affect low-income families?
- Bytwerk Theater
- Thursday, January 20 8pm
- 8 points